Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Party: Friends from the Issy Mom's Group

Despite our crazy weather on Saturday, the Pumpkin Party was a success. The house was busting at the seams and NOT a lot of pumpkin carving got done but it was a good Saturday night. The plan was to have everyone carve their pumpkins outside but the blowing rain and lighting and thunder was a bit of a deterrent. However the food was delicious and I can say that because I did not make any of it. (I can't cook, especially being pregnant) But my wonderful husband made 3 crock pots of beef stew and my amazing mother-in-law made homemade corn bread and apple crisp and 2 pumpkin pies. It was really tasty... I had several helping and gained a good 5lbs.
But the best part was catching up with my fellow mommies and watching all the kids play together. I joined the Issy Mom's Group when Morgan was 10 weeks old and now these moms are my best friends. We have watched our babies grow up together. I am so thankful for my amazing mommy friends! And for my Mother-in-law who was a huge help at the party.

I hope the Pumpkin Carving Party will become a tradition for many years to come.

Morgan and Riley. BFF's

The Miami 5 Girls (2 down, 3 to go )

The Pumpkin Carving in the dark

The kidos... Take 10 The Color Table
PJ time with Dora

No comments: