Tuesday, September 14, 2010
So excited we had to wait outside for Grandma.
Picked a flower for Grandma.
Yummy Dinner. Morgan loves watching the train go round and round.
Playing at the Park.
Morgan loves playing in the kitchen, so today we turned off the cartoons and tried an experiment. All you need is Cornstarch and water. Morgan mixed the ingredients together, added her color of choice (Blue) and... PRESTO! She could not beleive her eyes and could not stop playing with the funny mixture. It looked and acts like a liquid but as soon as she touch it, it was solid. A fun and easy indoor activity.
What you need:
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ABOUT 1/2 cup water
- food coloring
- Empty 1 cup of cornstarch into a large bowl.
- Stir while you add water SLOWLY -- don't add all of it if you don't need to.
- You need the consistency of thick pancake batter and better to add too little water than too much.
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Stick your hands in the mixture and play in it.
- What does it feels like?
- What happens when you try to roll some into a ball and then leave it alone?
- Pour the water into another bowl or pie plate
- smack it with your hand
What Happened: When we talk about "states" of matter, we usually talk about the three types: solid (like a rock), liquid (like water) and gas (like the air we breath).A mixture of cornstarch and water make what is known as a suspension. When you squeeze a Cornstarch Suspension it really feels like a solid because its molecules line up. But it looks like a liquid and acts like a liquid when no one is pressing on it because the molecules relax. This is another state of matter, called a suspension (It can act like a liquid, or, when pressed like a solid.).
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
2. Baby's head is over the top of the tub
3. Baby can turn off and on the water by himself
4. There is more water is on the floor than in the bathtub.
Yep. I think it's time to move on to the big boy tub.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
He his new thing is the Johnny Jumper, that a friend let us borrow. He jumps a little but mostly he runs around in circles smiling and laughing. His smiles and laughs makes up for all the sleepless nights.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
After their evening swim both kids had a date with Mr. Bubbles. It was Morgan and Alex's first bath together. Bye bye baby tub, hello master bath. I think these two will be good friends if I can get Morgan to stop feeding Alex sand! Yikes, Morgan gave him a mouthful today. PS Thank you Grandma Clark for all your help tonight.
Earlier in the day... This sand is about to go straight into Alex's Mouth. Thanks big sister.